The PADI Search and Recovery Diver course packs in plenty of action in the recovery of small and big, light or heavy objects up to 40kg.
Having worked as a commercial diver since 2009, I enjoy bringing experiences from real salvage operations and object recoveries to the course. You will learn additional search patterns not shown in the manual as well as rigging methods, and techniques. For those wanting to hunt for lost objects below the seabed, I have also authored an Underwater Metal Detector training course.
In addition to the course requirements, advanced skills such as SMB deployment, gas management and planning are emphasized and taught during training. I also encourage the use of a backplate / harness / wing set up.
- 12 years old.
- PADI (junior) Advanced Open Water / (junior) Open Water Diver with Navigation Specialty or equivalent certification.
- 2 days with 4 open water dives being completed.
- A variety of search patterns,
- Locating large and small objects,
- Using a lift bag for the recovery of large / heavy objects,
- Planning a search operation,
- Plus a lot more!
- Subic Bay, Philippines.
- Onboard a vessel or other location of your choice.
Have a question? We have answers!