The PADI Divemaster course is the first level in professional diver ratings. During the course you will hone your dive theory to instructor standards, develop demonstration quality skill sets in the water and learn the roles and responsibilities that come with the title.
You will have the opportunity to work with real students with real problems, learning to anticipate and react. In addition, maintenance training can be bolted on giving you the knowledge to deal with equipment issues or the edge over other Divemasters when looking for employment.
- 18 years old.
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent certification.
- CPR / First Aid certification within the last 24 months.
- 40 logged dives to begin, with at least 60 upon completion.
- Fit to dive medical signed by a doctor.
- It varies. Ideally 1 to 2 months however training may be able to be completed in as little as 14 days.
- Divemaster roles and characteristics,
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with students,
- Diver safety and risk management,
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills,
- Business of diving and career opportunities,
- Environment awareness,
- Dive setup and management,
- Mapping a dive site,
- Conducting dive briefings,
- Organizing search & recovery and deep dives,
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver classes,
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and conducting Discover Local Diving.
- Subic Bay, Philippines.
- Onboard a vessel or other location of your choice.
Have a question? We have answers!